Friday, May 18, 2007

Winding Down

The school year is winding down and I find myself, again, in a peculiar state. I have a love/hate relationship with the end of the school year. On one hand, I love love love summer vacation. I love playing outside and the joy of having a change of pace for the summer. I love preparing for an all new class of students and the excitement the FIRST day of school invariably brings. On the other hand, I hate hate hate saying goodbye to a group of students that I have poured my heart into for the last 9 months. PLUS, there is a lot to be done at the end of a school year. I have 4 days left with these kids and I only hope that each young face is one day able to realize all of their dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet! I hope Ellie has teachers as nice as you! :)