Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Truth

We have just completed a 13 week course called The Truth Project through a small group in our church. (You can go to the link in the sidebar.) It. Was. Amazing. I have never been through a teaching that has so radically changed me life and walk with Christ since becoming a Christian as this. I will be honest, I didn't want to do the course at first because I was "too busy." When I realized it was important to Drew, I agreed and decided to make time. I am so glad we did. This is DVD video series that is one hour a week to watch and then discussion time afterward. Each lesson leaves you with a sense of urgency about our culture and structures. The last lesson had the most impact on me. It was a lesson about community/neighbors and our responsibility to reach out to those in need. You can determine need however you wish...Jesus did. Need is need. It may be physical, emotional, spiritual, or whatever. I define need as something that is lacking that prohibits a person from fully living. I have noticed lately how indignant people may act toward someone so different from them; how indifferent we appear to be when we watch violence on our television...not just the movies...but the news, books, music, the media all around us. We NEED to stand up and be firm. Enough is enough. Aren't there enough people hurting in this world? Can't we do something to stop the hurt? I encourage you to look around, find need, and meet it...sort of like a random act of kindness. I just know God will Bless you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...very interesting. I totally agree with you - it seems like every time I turn on the T.V. I see something disturbing, especially CSI previews.