Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May Day Challege Begins Today!

Plans and Confessions.
Yay! Today's the day we begin the May Day Challenge.
First, the plans: I have decided that I will walk at least 5 days a week and choose to eat only the foods that is allowed by my physician (without completely depriving myself of the occassional "other things"). During my walk, I have decided to pray, listen to music, or talk to Drew (if he is along with me).

Now, the confessions: I realize that weight loss is not JUST foods or JUST exercise or JUST spiritual well-being. It takes all three in order to be totally successful. I KNOW I have a disorder that requires me to watch what I eat and yet...sometimes...I just choose to ignore it. So, this is my plan. To inaugurate the event, I have posted a TickerFactory Ticker to the right. I am slightly embarrassed at the total weight that I need to lose, but that is part of being real with you and myself.

Okay. Well, that's my plan, what's yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good goals! You can do it!

Robin said...

Good for you! Your goals sound reasonable and realistic. I will be cheering for you. My goals and plans are posted on my blog - hop on over and take a look! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I'll get right on posting my goals.

eileen said...

Hey, just wanted to chime in late to say good luck!

Hillary said...

You go girl!! I am excited to see our success!! I also posted a ticker that says 60 lbs....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is embarrasing but it had to be done. I actually posted my weight also something I swore no one would ever know but it helps me stay focused. Good luck on your journey!!