Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back Home, Home on the Plains!

Well, ya'll, we are back hom again on the Plains. We had A BLAST on vacation. We left on Thursday and drove to Bettendorf, Iowa where we stayed the night. We finished driving to Indiana on Friday and even had supper at the Town Square in Howe, Indiana (yummmmm) with Mom and Clayton.

Saturday was Andy and Becca's Wedding. I am sorry to say that I forgot my camera in hotel room all day Saturday and, therefore, have NO PICTURES from the entire day. The wedding was beautiful and unique. I just know that they will be very very happy and blessed. That afternoon we went to a BBQ hosted by my sister and her soon-to-be sister-in-law. It was loads of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed the time to spend with family and new friends.

On Sunday we went to the Warren Sand Dunes in Sawyer, MI. We spent the WHOLE day on the beach and in the water. We didn't feel like climbing the dunes, so we didn't. We were tired and were quite happy to lay on the sand and soak up the sun. That evening Todd and Cindy met us in Michigan City where we ate at the Texas Corral. It was DELISH! Then, on to Joliet for the night and then the long drive back home. It is good to be back (and eat a meal I prepared in my own kitchen rather than ordered someone else to prepare for me.) It is good to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time back home. And went to my old stompin' ground, huh? I've never even been to the Texas Corral. I've always heard great things about Warren Dunes, but have never been.