Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mmmm...Pie

2 weeks ago we bought a big box of FRESH COLORADO PEACHES. We were only going to buy a few but the saleslady convinced us to buy the whole box. I told her that we would never eat that much and she explained that you can freeze your whole peaches. Did you know that? I didn't. Anyway, she said that as long as the peach doesn't have any tears in the outer skin, you can freeze them whole by simply placing them inside ziploc baggies and then placing in the freezer. I LOVE peaches, so I buckled and bought them. So, today I took out 6 of my deliciously perfect colorado peaches and thawed them for 2 minutes in the microwave. The skin just slid off and then I cut them easilly. 6 cups to be exact. I mixed up the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. I added the lemon juice and poured it all in a pie dish. I added the buttter pieces to the top, placed the top crust and baked. OH. MY. GOODNESS! Peach pie smells sort of like apple pie when it bakes and the entire house smells oh so good right now. Well, I took a picture for you to see it and to say to my sister...see, I can make pie now! (We will eat it later, when it is still warm but not scalding, with some ice cream....yum yum.)

3 comments:

Becca said...

your pie looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becca! This was my 2nd Peach Pie ever. (I think it was all the experience "baking" pies at Millers!)

Anonymous said...

Your pie does look good, but I still make the best Apple pie EVER!!!! I usually hold the award for deserts, so don't mess with my recipes. Love you.