Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's done. Over. Finished

This school year has finally ended. It was over at 1:30 today.

The desks are cleaned.
Bags packed.
Chairs stacked.
Scores reported.
and hot dogs consumed.

I wished them all well and gave some advice from my arsenol of wisdom about choosing friends, learning life-lessons, and navigating the confusing maze known as middle school. I hope the best for each one of them and I did, indeed, shed my tears as they left elementary school as elementary students for the last time today.

Closing another school year is always so bittersweet for me.

2 comments:

amy f. said...

Wow, I can't get over how early school gets out nowadays (but then starts earlier in August, which is a bummer). Glad you had a great last day of school. Yay for summer!!

Anything fun planned? I hope it is relaxing for you!

Anonymous said...

This post sickened me a little. Nine days left, not that I am counting!) I am looking forward to Memorial Day as a day off, instead of it being my first day of vacation. For some reason, I don't think that I will cry this year.
Amy C