Friday, October 05, 2007

What season is it anyway?

It seems like I write alot about the weather and the seasons. I dunno why. I just do, okay. Anyway, today was like a honkin' heat wave around here. I had to literally check the calendar. What does your calendar say today? Mine says it is October 5, 2007. YET...it is 95 degrees outside. 95 degrees people! I actually had to turn on the air conditioner again! (This after rejoicing over the decrease of $80 in our electric bill this month because we have hardly had to use the air.)

You would too if your house was 96 degrees.

Anyway, I went for a little walk to the post office to try and exercise and came home sweating. yuck. My thoughts as I entered into my air conditioned home, walking past my 5 pumpkins sitting on the front porch, is that I am ready for fall.

Pumpkins.
Cider.
Sweatshirts.
Leaves of various colors.
Hot Chocolate.
Apple Pie.

(Okay, so...I can't really HAVE the apple cider without serious consequences to my system...but still....I like to smell it.)

What are your favorite things about fall?

No comments: