Friday, February 16, 2007

"You are SO Smart!" maybe not the best thing to say...

When I was in school, I wasn't the "smartest" kid in my class, but I held my own. (For example, I graduated in the top 5% of my class, graduted from BSU with honors, and from UNK with a 4.0)...However, I have always been afraid that someday I am going to get "found out." Learning most things was fairly easy for me and as a result I developed some BAD study habits. I was reading an article about "How Not to Talk to Your Kids" and thought...hmmm..THAT'S ME! I will take a few more risks than this article says kids like me will, but usually I am a little leary of trying new things. I thought the article was interesting and the research worth another look! Anyone else out there like me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great article. I definitely saw myself in it as I was told I was brilliant for so long that it affected my performance later on. Thanks for putting the link up here so we can read it